Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Friday, October 8, 2010

This death , this debt , this bed

This death is so low
This debt is so high
This bed is so cold

My heart is peeling little by little
It's love for you
Peels little by little

I feel as one who is living-dead
Like one who drinks but cannot taste the wine
Like on who eats but tastes nothing

I know the goodbyes are done - yes i do
That goodbye is long overdue on my part
Then why is it very , very hard

I know in my heart it's over
That separation is in order
Something Ive tried not to ponder

I will never forget you
Nay ,
But for now it seems easier to-

This death of my past life
Has lead many to my strife
I am misery's wife

This debt i hold , pay it lest
You take your pound of flesh
Whatever seems best

Your shadow follows me everywhere
Are we so easily in and out of love
And if you look , i am here

The debt i must repay
Death i must face
Get up from this four posted thing

This bed - like i said , is so cold
Without you near , there is no warmth
There is no life.

No comments:

Post a Comment