Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sarah says 'are you ok?' I say 'yeah!' Sarah says , 'you're lying!'

Its funny how there's always this one person who can read you like a book
You have best friends - Sure
And even they don't know when you're really hurt
Ive known Sarah for as long as i could remember
Lets see ... since the beginning of time
She's my cousin after all
She was there when i first learnt how to ride a bicycle
She was there when i used to play with dollies
How can we forget the barbie set she had in 1999
I was so jealous .. i stole the box!
She was there for nursery school , primary , high and uni
She's doing medicine
And im doing journalism
Pain on pain on pain on pain on more pain
She was there
I was there
And when everybody says ,
She doesn't guess ...
She knows better
She KNOWS ME
She ACTUALLY DOES
And i can only say this of her ..
We're more than sisters because we're friends
Because we have almost the same insecurities
We're both 21
We both see different
Sarah , im so lucky i have you in my life
and i know you feel the same about me
But no more matching purses with Minnie Mouse
Or the yellow matching dresses
and the orange flats.
We'll start living , and we'll be what we dreamed to be
Look at us at 21 , with the two things worth having
Beauty , youth and a dash of brains
I love you Sarah.

love Noni.
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment