Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Enemies of the Heart

Thinking of you
Is both a pleasure and a pain
Losing you was all hell to bear
Friends and the rest , cannot understand
Or fathom the unfathomable
Saw fit to meddle with me
And meddle they did
I do not say , seek one with fault
To blame , them
For truth be told
I am at fault
So quickly angered I was
So quickly persuaded I was
About your flaws
Now you are gone
How can they know , what I am feeling?
False hood , for they would sooner
Grudge that we never met
So would I , come to that
It would be simpler
For I have forgotten that word
That state of being
They would flee from the depth of love I have for you
I would do anything for you , did they know?
Or they did just guess and dismiss
It as infatuation
Letters to the Editor of the Gossip Column
If only I ignored them
If only I wasn't easily mislead
By cunning hurtful tongues
Talking amongst themselves , forked tongues
Wicked hearts
Arrogantly celebrating the fall of loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment