Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Saturday, January 22, 2011

In the garden of my love

In the garden of my love
I feel the wind swaying the green leaves
At noon
The morning air , that lingered so chilly
So fresh
Let's the noon heat in, and the wind is soothing
I sit here under the tree from the bareness of the sun
In the garden of my love.

The wind blows cool air into my eyes
Oh , am I tearing up?
My eyes are blurred , I start so see things
Colours , bright blue as the sky
Green, as green as the grass
I see you , walking towards me
I shield my eyes from the harsh light
But I cannot hide my happiness and eagerness to see you
My first instinct , is to jump and run
But there I sit , rooted to the spot
In the garden of my love.

The wind blows away
And you are gone
Like a flash
The wind is swaying the green leaves at noon
So soon it is half a day
The heat rests in the west , slowly
The light starts to say
Goodbye
I sit there still , waiting for you
Waiting for you to reappear
The heat that lingered on , so hot
The wind that blew , so breezy
Is gone , and so are you
Twilight turns into dark
A cold wind , sends shivers
It is so dark , I cannot see a thing
Save for the heavens above me
But here I remain
In the garden of my love
You are my morning , noon and night
The grass , trees , flowers , bees
You are everything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment