Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Merry-go round Boys.

When i was little i always loved going on rides
I loved the pony rides , the alien space ships
When i got a little older and more balance
My mother let me try the merry go round
Round and round and round i went
And i squealed for joy , and got tears of excitement
Again i'd say
Mummy please , again!
Round and round and round again
Do we have to go so , so soon?
I'd go home and think about the day i just had
Oh what lovely merry go rounds
When can we go again?
What shall i wear?
Maybe that blue dress with the ribbons
Will you bring me ribbons , for the fair?
Ill be good , so that i go again
Tell my friends at school about the exciting rides
It's magical
It makes you fly ,
It raises you from the ground and spins you round and round

Ten years later , i feel like i am still going on merry go rounds
The excitement , the thrill of the ride
Boy after boy and it feels like a round and round affair
Now i get headaches , i throw up after rides
It's worse now , the games are really exhausting
I can't keep up
It was fun at first , it was thrilling
But i desperately want to stand still now
I don't want merry-go round boys anymore

I want a boy outside the playground
No more Georgie - Pogies' who make girls cry
No more silly games
I want to stand still.
Will you stand still with me grown up boy?

1 comment:

  1. well at least u got 1 part ryt...girls grow into women but boys just grow older...but the underlying issue is not that those boys are scarce(that was ascertained eons ago)...but your environment wont cater to your flims and desires(unless your Roman Abramovich or lead singer of a Gigantic Rock Band)...so unto you i say..becom a "georgina pogie" and turn your exhaustion into resilience and headaches into fits of laughter over how you have the boys running in circles till you feel squared up...

    ReplyDelete