Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Organ Donor.

Why ?
Why , must we sell ourselves short?
And why?
Why , must you inflict me with your philosophies?
You do not know what i feel ,
And how i feel is that i don't waste my life
Chasing guy after guy , date after date
But to you i am wasting my life
I find that i do not have tolerance for lust
I thought i did , but it is too short lived
What about honest to God people ,
And at mention of this , you laugh
You laugh , say im naive
That i should explore all possibilities out there
That i - A living healthy individual
Must cut out my heart , and give it up for sale
Any patient who walks on by can have a try
But without a heart , how would i go on living?
I would become half-dead
Half-living
Half- sent
I would become so lifeless , i would forget
Good from evil
Black from white
Where does the line end?
I could try to live your way , or just be me
Thank you for your brochures , articles and speeches
But this heart isn't for sale
Not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment