Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can you love in the day time ... i ask? Before my period starts again so i can still get back before i get pissy and you get 'hurt' .

Two very non conventional people , we are
Your not an average Joe , and i sure ain't Plain Jane
But that's what makes it so tragic and wonderful
We are such an oxymoron ....
I should be with someone who understands me
I'm very simple yet very complicated
Very damaged yet very together
Innocent yet violated
An oxymoron
You ... i don't even know what you are
I don't know you and never will
Isn't that how things are done now
Its not your fault im not looking for someone to blame
It's not christian
Plus i called you first , that alone is seen as a desperate attempt
Don't text first , don't reply after 10 minutes ,
Noted.
But i thought you were different.
Suckers Marxism.
Lets talk about 'friends and benefits'
Explain how its good for both parties , because
You both can't be tied down ,
You both have other things to do
Or you can both be in relationships,
No one can admit that its crap,
For the guy its sex minus the effort
He's a man right ...
Such a subtle statement used to dominate uterus carriers everywhere
And she doesn't admit its crap , because
I don't know on paper it seems pretty silly
Question , don't the girls see the PROS & the CONS
Answer , they do but we are raised different , treated different
Who's supposed to be in the kitchen
Who's supposed to be passive and agreeable
What's it like to be so free from social pressure?
Yes we do see the CONS and but isn't it expected,
That we are inferior and should demand nothing in return
We're just women right ...
Such a complex statement with so much power.
Who is a woman?
What does she do?
Why does she act like that?
If your reserved ... you have a problem
If your open minded .. you are aggressive
If your slutty .... you are cheap
If your big breasted .. you want smaller breasts that defy gravity
If your small breasted ...you want bigger breasts that defy vision
There's nothing like the perfect breasts , so deal with it
If your dark , try to be lighter
If your lighter , try to be lighter some more
What happened to us ? ?
What happened to MEN & women?
When did we start fighting
When did all this enmity begin...
When did the roles get mixed up ,
When did Playboy decide to torture us with the perfect body type
When did dolls like Barbie teach little girls that they had to have big boobs and a thin body,
When did the standards of beauty get so high?
Can we get back to being allies , comrades and buddies?
Can we help each other out , or can we constantly compete
And they say they love women , i hear that a lot
Isn't it any wonder I'm not capable of loving
They say they love you ...
So if he cheats ... he still loves you
In this day and age when women have equal rights
Political , Economical and Social
Its not true they expect us to comply to their demands
Now be slutty or hard to get or i don't know ...whatever
The playing field isn't evened out
Play dirty . . .
A ride on the disco-stick
They love women... DID YOU HEAR THAT MEN LOVE WOMEN ..
Uber Ego , they have it we massage it
I am no exception
And DID YOU HEAR THAT WOMEN HATE MEN . .
I'm dizzy
Please stop misusing the word LOVE
You use it so casually , blasphemy
But if they can't even respect God , do you really think they care about respecting women
They answer to no one , great and mighty titans
Why do they love women?
They smell nice , they are so soft , pretty
It's like admiring a good smelling skunk and caging it
So romantic . .
Based on this seemingly hollow reasoning alone it seems that
If we weren't soft or smelled nice or whatever
We'd be given more respect and loved
LOVE .
Love between a Man and a Woman
I'm glad no man's ever told me they love me , except my nephew and Shakespeare
And i believe them both:
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds ...
They don't know what it means , what it feels or what it needS,
Why so jaded , little girl?
May be i know first hand what happens when you get attached to a man
My worst fear is turning into my mother ,paralyzed by the past
And you echoed this to me , my worst fear
My largest insecurity , because im a woman ill get attached
You don't know me , and you will never know every tiny / large detail of my life
I fell in love with the boy next door, yes i loved him
I could have done anything , said anything for him ,
And he never noticed me ... it must be the sweet charm ...

And you... Not so Average Joe
I liked you ...
Back to pros and cons
So here i am saying that i am a emotional cripple
Will you lend me a hand?
Friends with benefits , life's too short right?
So what do you want from me , a physical thing right
Agreed , why not? Everyone is pressuring me to do it
Everyone chanting 21 , 21 .
Telling me I'm weird ,Dating is fun?
OK , PEERS AND FRIENDS ...
Ill be agreeable it's expected right
I don't deserved to be appreciated ,i deserve a physical thing,
Ditto , this is fun ...
Lets have sex , and later you can have some more with
Maureen , Alice , Doreen (random names of course)
They aren't good for anybody or they're jinxed right?
Maureen , Alice , Doreen are people too ..
But im just like them too , desperate for attention
So give in to peer pressure and expectation
Let me make a mistake , i live too safe
Every one chanting 21 , 21 , 21
OK, BOY , PEERS & FRIENDS
Enjoy the show ...
The emotional cripple and the Center-of-Attention Man-boy
Back to sociology:
Are intelligent women happier in marriage than non intelligent women?
If yes , why?
Assuming that the intelligent women are attractive , smell nice and , soft all that jazz
Are they happier?
Yes , and i strongly believe that , like i believe in myself
Intelligent women will Pro and Con and not settle for less
They end up marrying men with high social approval aka high self -esteem
These men are usually attractive?
Answer : YES.They are attractive.
Because pleasantly looking people are treated better in society
They meet the standard , like
Hi! There you actually followed the rules here's a star
The unattractive lot is treated with hostility and they get the corner
So they accept strong confident women and are not intimidated
Again assuming that they are soft , smell nice
Here's the punchline: Attractive men are jerks TOO
Where was i?
The emotional cripple and the Man-boy
Based on the conclusions above , assume that Man-boy is attractive
He does too, but he's really not all that
Sure he's tall , broad shouldered
Get this : i know 5 GUYS hotter than man boy and oblivious OK 4
No#1 So fine , perfect height , perfect weight , perfect hair#(he really is perfect)
Problem: Devoid of personality.
Reason for spite: First break up speech ..your a nice girl (burgh)
No #2:Perfect picture of modern masculinity , Strong , sexy eyes ,can fix things
Problem: Likes to hit my cousin.
Reason for spite : No reason , he's actually not supposed to be here , he's my cousins husband but im trying to explain a point.
No#3: Dark , hot ,tall, nice smile, nice weight , height overall hottie
Problem: He likes me.
Reason for spite: None , when a guy likes me i run.I don't discriminate i run for the hills.
No#4:Dark , not so tall (flaw), looks like he takes showers he smells so nice (hey it applies)Intelligent (plus plus, plus)
Problem: Likes my friend instead.
Reason for spite: None, he's a hawtie.
OK back to Man boy , who thinks he's the new Johnny Depp
Im going to be mean , its fun
In the next ten years Man-boy is going to be fat unless he works out
-Not likely and he's going to get round - not pleasant at all
He's got beady eyes , and give him 10 years he'll be fat and
Wondering how beauty faded so quickly , all the Mac Hotties in my list will age really well esp #3 (prospects) #4 , #2 and #1 (he'll also be fat)
This is my unbiased opinion by the way ...
Me & Man boy , physical thing , peers blah blah blah
Me I'm still a maid so what???
I use maiden - head cause Ive read a lot of Victorian books
So there i am , trying to fit in , trying to conform
The whole ritual , Make -up , perfume and dress( i don't do this often)
I even have dreams where am a woman with a big penis
Obviously that's when i decided to tone the feminist down and be feminine
Try hard to fit in , maybe that's the problem don't try hard with people
People are bad , don't please them displease them
So i get dressed up , I'm even carrying a clutch bag !!!
Even with all that ,I cant compete with the femme fa tale fashionistas there
With all the bare skin and what not,
I'm not putting myself on a pedestal (maybe a little)
I'm not saying i won't wear the occasional mini skirt or short dress
I guess i kinda like myself and do stuff for me ,
Rape rings in my head , and how id like to avoid it
Apparently when your scantily dressed you ask for it .
High heels make me feel as if my ankles are bleeding
So what if i look sweet in a dress , or I'm nice or blah blah
But girls like me don't come along very often
22 Inch waist , long legs , cold hands and a warm heart
All along i thought was the use of having all that when no one cares ?
Subtext : be a experienced virgin
I would NEVER get attached to you , and that's the complete and utter truth
You're really vain ,
You said you liked the truth , i hope i enlightened you with a little of mine
Do you know my worst fear? Getting attached
It's my worst fear , and you echoed it to me
I just wanted to do something crazy and move on
But you know me , i'm the sweet girl unlike your type
Bitches you called them if i remember correctly ...
But there's honor amongst thieves you said no
May be your not full of shit but its not my problem.
Man -boy for old times sake:
I have no claim on you Man- boy .
Don't wear your freedom down .
No regrets , no strings.
I'm not bitter (can't you tell)
One last thought:
Can you love in the daytime
Can you express your desires freely in the harsh light of day
As you express your desires freely in the night.

1 comment:

  1. "Conformism is the road trodden by those who ignorance over Self awareness"..(No don't Google that quote becoz thats my mind nursing a seeerrrious hangover) I personally like Diane von Furstenberg's Quote when she said "Sexy is being comfortable about yourself" (learnt that 8 hours ago in a heated argument with THE FEMINIST OF NAIROBI) so if you realize what society and men do to women well the sad bit about that is that you can't make your fellow woman see that until the cold shoulder of reality accosts her on fine morning(preferably not on her wedding day)....but still that was some thought evoking shit right there...

    ReplyDelete