Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Unrequited is quite right

Feelings are such terrible things to own
They tease you and tarry you along
As if you turned into a foolish person
Yes, that is what it is
Foolishness
If I were a heartless dame
I would be content
For I cannot let go of the one i fancy
Pity he does not fancy me
I'd often hoped that he did
But love does not tire one and leave the other
In indifference
So if I writ this and say he does
Twill be a falsehood
He is aware of my feelings and affections
Tis not altered his own
For his affections i have yet to behold
Or perhaps never,
Alas! A fair lady such as me
Cannot win the fancy of a lad
Perhaps I speak more than I ought
This displeases him
Or that I had long flowing hair and breasts up to my chin
These would please him
This is all Shakespeare's fault
He said 'Trip no further; pretty sweeting , Journeys end with lover's meeting'
Needless to say, unrequited love was never William Shakespeare's fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment