Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The loudness of the quiet

What shall I do when the loneliness gets too loud?
When the feeling of being blue won't go away
Shall I proceed to cover my ears as I have always done
The deafening silence
The oxymoron that tortures me..
What shall I do when my heart rate goes so slow?
When in its stead it would go higher and higher
When love is as silent as a Sunday night
I'll call it human weakness and move on
How shall I escape my fears while I breathe
Take a risk - how can I ? I'm a pro/con girl
Everyday  I curse my tongue for proclaiming
Folly , it was amusing to him , I am amusing to him
I have little hands , little feet and an otherwise little heart
And as such their defense is top priority
But even in my bold attempts I failed
Isn't this what I wanted?
To live a life free of men , a life of solitude , free of lies
I only fooled myself.
Misery loves company.

No comments:

Post a Comment