Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

27/07/2010.

Dear Nephew, 
Finally you opened your eyes to the new world. These months past you were safe in your mothers belly. And now we got to see your lovely face I remember in January when your mother and I were carjacked and all she could think about was you. Me? I was sitting on you (I was scared shitless)And I was like, 'don't hurt the baby , she's pregnant. So they didn't harm us and the three of us drove like mad We were thankful to God and mummy kept rubbing her stomach.
When I first saw you- 12 weeks and you were moving your hands, it felt surreal and I of course mentioned that you were a boy by the size of your head. I said it looked like Colin's head. Fix you by Cold play was playing at the doctors and I said I'd always remember that moment. 
I'd always remember it- and now 8 months later , you're finally here And all I can say is that I have loved you Before time began-

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful..poem Noni,babies bring out the deepest of emotions,and many more will continue,as that lovely angel grows there will be more emotions,feelings that no words can explain.Everyday and moment will be a different form the other as each milestone will be different.pass my warmest regards and Gods abundant blessings to your little nephew.

    ReplyDelete