Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh, cliche how you shine , how you glitter .

How did i get here?
I ask.
Time and again ,
I make faces , i beat myself up
How did i get here?
I had spent my whole life analyzing situations like these
Yet here i am!
The glitter of the cliche
The stereo-typed role
Of the girl in love
Love?
Hold on just a sec
Maybe not- but this feeling is as intense as love
Dudes , i don't get out of bed
Self-pity really keeps you in bed
And of course he's moving on with his life
In fact he's improving his life everyday
ME? well im sorta half-dead
Im a cliche
Move on ..
Easier said than done
Him?
He's lying on his back with tarts
Yes , that was plural
ME?
I was screwed up before he came along so nothing changes
Why?
Why do i care?
Answer: it's the glitter of the cliche
The life you've always wondered about
What if ...
Why not...
I got reeled in by tart man and i did not resist
Now im a cliche
Now im a mess
I can't function
Him?
He doesn't care if im alive or dead
OBJECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment