Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

why want something if it's not meant to be yours?

A quote by Bernard Shaw was that
'love is a gross exaggeration of one person from others.'
I think that it is pain ,
But i was mistook , pain is what you feel when the love is taken away
Love is the feeling , the moment , the words , the intention
The feeling was incredible , sweet and different
The moment was awkward to be sure , but unforgettable
The words were numerous , some hurt , some flattered , some just words
And after my experiment was over i was left feeling hollow
Strangely hollow , i discovered i was capable of feelings
It was no longer something i wondered about , i was there
It was a nightmare , it was painful , it was torture
And i was there all alone ,like i have been all my life
Being on my own doesn't scare me , no , not even a little
I'm scared of the lie , the cheating , the secrets , the hiding
And i saw you , you shook up my very structure
My entire belief system was out the window
And you completely composed , it's insulting
And i have no control of what i feel
Sometimes i struggle to contain my outbursts
But i can't , i find that my heart is unruly and won't listen
So i ask why want something if it's not meant to be mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment