Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I am saddened

I am saddened ,
Saddened , indeed
That birds in the trees will love better than a man
That a bird will sing for it's lady bird
And a man will not ,
That a bird will flap it's wings
And a man will not
Oh , no
I will tell you what he will do-
He will turn you against each other
He will lie to you
He will use you
He will break you down

Why?
Why? Must you cheat?
Why will you make her a fool?
Why do you not think of her?
Why will you not think of them?
Why will you not see that you insult her?
That everything she gives you is not enough
Why must you cheat?

I am saddened ,
Saddened in deed ,
At what men and women have become
Women will be subject to such deception
And men will be free to roam about
I wish I was a bird
That I could fly away , whenever I wanted
That I would find joy each morning and tweet
That I would be safe away from man
Man and his fire -stick that
Kills every creature it sees

No comments:

Post a Comment