Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I miss you so so much mummie ;(

I never knew how much i needed my mother
She always had the funniest jokes
And the strangest answers to my questions
If i didn't brush my teeth she'd say
'Who's called Halitosis?'
And I'd say ,'ME!' to vex her
Or when she'd find dish about me from someone
I'd ask ,'Who told you?'
And she'd answer sweetly , 'A little bird told me!'
Oh , i love you for bearing up with me when i was 17 , 10 , 9 , 11 and 18
And when you would say that i was enough
And that you were proud of me
There are many rotten things i have done and you remained-
My mother
Now you send me e mails in pink
It makes me wanna cry
And you sign off with a rose like your name
Oh, my mummie
I'd remember how
Sometimes you'd make me breakfast in bed when i was down
Or make me lemon tea when i was sad
Or cuddle me when i was needy
Now you're far away working
And i miss you so much
I miss our fights
I miss your condescending tone
I miss telling you stuff
This year i turned 21 and i said i was an adult
But living without my mum is no rock n roll
Turns out all alone ...
I'm not that strong without my mummies arms

No comments:

Post a Comment