Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Friday, August 13, 2010

If you love something , set it free

I think i love in excess
For my love is always thrown back to me
They say: Tis too much , too nice , too sweet
They leave shortly afterward-
And he that say those words twice - lies
Yet nothing is for certain
How can i say - that love for you decays
How can it , if my heart is still beating
Drumming your name , you voice , your touch
How can i say the love burned a day?
I think men are very inconsiderate
With a flash they dismiss you
How can a log burn a second?
And if i am too burn , how shall you burn the ash in my soul
Yes , i know you only think of yourself
And your pleasure is your top priority
Nevermind me
Would you laugh at me if i said : that i remain
I beg your pardon
ThAt you remain in my heart
And you are an irreversible event
And i on a blackboard erased last week
I am out of style , out of your league too plain?
I will let you go
I will be accepting and distant as per your request
And if we shall ever meet again
No signal , no indication on my brow
That former love retained
We will be like strangers
Two people from different planes ,
Why indeed , i have set you free
And if by the tiniest chance you are mine
And mine only
You will come back
or you will not . .

No comments:

Post a Comment