Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When to let go

You and i are not a smart match
We are so different
I love a low-key life ,
I have 3 best friends one of them is my nephew
You have millions of friends ,
They think you're the top dog or something
I think it's pathetic and can't be bothered
I feel a fool for stepping out of my shell
Aside from humiliating myself i wasted my time
And yours
But i liked you , more than i'm afraid to admit
And that's just it , i can't admit it
Because the faster i move on the better
Of course your version of moving on includes sex lots of girls
Mine is listening to really sad songs and lying in bed and reading Jane Austen
At least we know who's more awesome of the two
And it hurts , it does
It hurts for me knowing i was so stupid
That i walked in foolishly
And i say to myself ' Silly girl !'
And i can't say it enough
But now im wasted broken from head to toe
And moving on will be painful and gradual
But it starts now this gradual process
I just need a sign to know when to let you go

1 comment:

  1. the proverbial broken vase that was attached together piece by piece????

    ReplyDelete