Subtle Confessions of Noni Kanyora

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I inhaled you.

I breathed you and now
There's no forgetting you
Forgetting the fragrance of your breathing
Your smell , your taste
Just one tiny memory
Can lit up a violent parade
This love is violence
Passion that cannot be diminished
By any one thing

It is the fire that still burns
The tree that still grows
The constant sun , evening star
We receive what we give
And I gave into you
Subtle experiences that become memories
That become the past
But this I feel , for you
Of awful attachment which greatness stands
The more I sought the more I lost
The more I hungered and thirsted
For your lips your eyes
With every impulse in my body
I couldn't breathe
With seeking and seeking the object
Of my sanctuary
With seeking I lost everything I had.
This dying , caused by desire
Seeking with words , hands everything
Higher and higher and higher and then much higher I went
Thoughts as these , by which pleasure is enhanced
Inhaling you , breathing you
Your fragrance

Sick , wearied out and jealous
You struck me open
Prophetic strain
By whatever means I love you
Or however we loved , we may teach them how
How the minds of two people become
The greatest elements of the empire of God.
Beauty exalted and bloods mingled.
But to be with you
Your hand on my face
Your delicious mouth
Conducted to this end
Your air your smell
Was very heaven .

No comments:

Post a Comment